Requirements for Bangladesh Tourist Visa
You can apply for a Bangladesh tourist visa through an online application or by mail. Firstly, you have to provide the following information given below:
- Full name, date of birth, and sex (gender)
- Passport number and country of issue
- Purpose of visit (tourism)
- Number of entries required during your stay in Bangladesh
You must also include a valid passport with at least six months of validity from the date you intend to enter Bangladesh. If you are traveling with children under 18 years old, they will also require their own passports as well as proof of relationship (e.g., marriage certificate). The exact requirements depend on your nationality so please check with your local Bangladesh embassy before applying if you have any questions about what documents are required for your nationality or entry type.
Check Visa Requirements Before you Apply
It’s important to check the visa requirements before you apply. Make sure that the country you are traveling to is on the list of countries whose citizens can get a visa-free tourist trip. If your country is not on that list, then you will have to apply for a visa and pay fees in advance.
To make things easier, here are some basic steps that apply when applying for a Bangladesh Tourist Visa:
- Check if there is an embassy in your country. If so, send an email or call them directly and ask them about visa requirements and what documents are required for a Bangladesh Tourist Visa application process (for Bangladeshi nationals). If there is no embassy anywhere near where you live or work, use Google Maps/Google Earth/Google Earth Satellite view tool by typing “Bangladesh Embassy in [your city]” into the search engine box at the top left corner of the screen without quotation marks around words “Bangladesh Embassy in [your city].
Apply online or via mail
- Apply online or via mail. You can apply for a tourist visa to Bangladesh either online or by mail. If you prefer to submit your application form through email, visit the website of the Bangladesh embassy in London and follow the instructions on how to fill out an application form and pay the required fee.
- Print your visa application form. After submitting an online application, print a copy of it together with the payment receipt and proceed with other necessary requirements such as passport photos, medical certificate, etc. Keep these documents handy when you go to submit them at your destination country’s embassy or consulate offices in person.
Fill in the application form
Once you have decided to visit Bangladesh, fill in the application form online. You will need to provide all the details required on the form and upload any supporting documents. You have to submit a visa fee before you submit your application.
If you are intending on staying there for more than 30 days, then you will need a Bangladesh tourist visa which lasts for up to 90 days per visit. If however, you are planning on staying in Bangladesh for less than 30 days then a standard single entry visa would suffice.
Attach all required documents
- Attach the following documents:
- Passport size photo
- Invitation letter
- Bank statement showing that you have sufficient funds to cover your expenses during your stay in Bangladesh. The bank statement should show a minimum of USD $2,000 per week for each traveler on your passport (the number of travelers will be calculated based on how many people are traveling under one passport). You can download an example of a bank statement from our website at https://www.evisa4bangladesh.com/support/. Please note that this is just an example; if you use another type of document please be sure it has all the required information mentioned above.
- Hotel reservation or flight itinerary (if available).
Pay the fee and submit the form
Once you have completed your application, you will be required to pay the visa fee. The fees for a tourist visa vary depending on which country you are applying from, but for most countries, the cost is about US$50. Alternatively, you may pay the fee by mail before submitting your application form in person at an embassy or consulate of Bangladesh in your home country or in London (United Kingdom).
If you wish to submit your visa application at an embassy or consulate of Bangladesh then please contact them directly as they may require additional information before accepting payment
Follow these simple steps to get a Bangladesh tourist visa
Here are the steps to follow for applying for a Bangladesh tourist visa:
- Visit the Bangladesh embassy website and check the visa requirements.
- Apply online or via mail. If you choose to apply via mail, print out the application form and attach all required documents before mailing it back to them. Make sure that you pay the fee and submit your form within 30 days of receiving it from them.